Saturday 26 February 2011

First post

Hi. My name is Patrick Thornton, and this is my blog. It's called "Message in a Bottle", like, I imagine, a million other blogs because that is largely how I see this. I don't know who'll read this blog, if anyone, so it's kinda like throwing a bottle with a message in into the ocean, with no real idea who'll read it, and if it'll even be found. It's not the most original simile, but I think it works.
So what kind of stuff will I post here? Buggered if I know. I'm making this stuff up as I go alone, same with everything I do. I'm attempting to get a career as a writer, perferably of novels, so this will be partly be a Captain's Log of my (hopefully) rise to glory, and (more likely) a place for me to rant about I never seem to get published.
Yeah, there'll probably be a lot of ranting. Aside from the writing thing, this'll be a place for me to write about stuff that amused me, pissed me off, that kind of things. It's kind of theraphutic, like having a shrink I don't have to pay, but don't worry, on the off chance someone else finds this message in a bottle, I'll at least try to make my posts interesting, and there's even a chance of smirkable humour occaisonly.
So yeah, that's the idea behind this. Hope you - whoever you are, you crazy diamonds - find this and enjoy. I'll try to post regularly.
Anyway, I could talk all day (seriously), so I'll just say see you for now, and hopefully I be back with something interesting soon.
All the best, PR Thornton.

No comments:

Post a Comment